Thursday, April 1, 2010

US Census

The Conservative Camel

I just filled out my census form last night; well, sort of. I just filled in the number of people living in my home and sent it back. I’m not telling you to do that. I did it as protest to nosey government. They don’t need to know age or race or whether my home is a house or apartment; none of their business. The Constitution says take an “enumeration”; that is, count the people. It doesn’t say separate by race or age; just count the people.

This idea of asking race or age is to gerrymander Congressional districts so as to get the election outcome the government wants.

But there seemed to be one glaring omission in the questions that our nosey government asked. They didn’t ask if you were a US Citizen. Shouldn’t that be first question? That tells us something about our government’s priorities; don’t you think? They care about your race and age; but couldn’t care less about your citizenship.

No comments:

Post a Comment